Friday, February 11, 2011

A new year....new leash on life....

I think its about time I update my blog....lots have dogs, both Danes and other breeds have passed through my life and been adopted. My newest foster is a deaf and vision impaired Dane named Sawyer. He's currently around 104lbs and 9 1/2 months old. He is a foster through MAGDRL. He came from Pender County in NC. Someone dumped him in the woods and animal control picked him up and called MAGDRL. That was on July 22, he came to my house on July 23 and has been a member of my pack ever since. Sawyer is still looking for a forever home. He is such a sweet boy, although he does have some behavior issues. He likes to resource guard me as well as toys. He loves big sister Piper....she will have to be another post.....she is my official first Great Dane, also known as a "foster failure" through MAGDRL. She is 13 months old and quite a handful still! She and Sawyer love to play and get in trouble together. Back to Sawyer, he's a very special boy, I am currently working on sign language with him and also touch to learn his basic obedience. Hopefully when the weather gets nice here we will be able to begin agility, I think he will enjoy it!!
Pictures to follow...

No comments: